TERMS AND CONDITIONS - BIKE RENTAL SERVICE
Definition of the conditions and civil responsibilities of customers who enter into agreements with the commercial company AFA CYCLES, LDA - legal person nº 514 751 053, represented by being an accredited employee, with registered office at Street Fernando Mesquita nº 2628, 4760-034 Vila Nova de Famalicão, Braga, Portugal.
ARTICLE 1 - PURPOSE
The AFA Tourism brand hires the Customer, who hires the vehicle described in the conditions of the contract to entered.
ARTICLE 2 - RENTAL
1. The amount, frequency, and end dates of the rental for the use of the vehicle are defined in the specific conditions.
2. The rental payment will be made in cash or by ATM transfer and following the table in Clause 5.
ARTICLE 3. - LOCATION AND TIME
Vehicles can be rented at any of the AFA Cycles service stations, during the following hours: from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm from Monday to Friday and from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm and from 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm on Saturdays, on Sundays it is closed for rest weekly.
There is availability to schedule a place for delivery and/or collection of vehicles and users upon prior discussion of the matter and its value.
ARTICLE 4. - RENTAL CONDITIONS
1. Vehicles will be rented only during opening hours and for the minimum contracted period.
2. Renting the vehicle implies the signing of the contract as well as the subscription of a civil liability insurance contract.
3. It is mandatory, at the time of rental, to present a valid personal identification document with a photograph.
4. Vehicle rental is reserved for people over 18 years of age (or minors if they are accompanied by a guardian who provides a liability waiver) as long as they present valid documentation.
5. AFA Cycles reserves the right to refuse the rental of a vehicle to anyone who is visibly under the influence of alcohol or another prohibited substance, or to a person who does not offer the conditions for using the vehicle, as well as to anyone who has previously not followed the rental conditions.
6. A sheet will be made with the results of a joint inspection of the vehicle between AFA Cycles and the Customer on the condition of the material before and after the rental period.
7. A Helmet, Padlock, Emergency Kit and Air Pump will be available with the vehicle rental when requested by the customer. A copy of the rental agreement will also be provided.
ARTICLE 5 - RENTAL RATES
1. Bicycle rental rates depend on the time of use.
2. For each hour longer than the contracted period, an extra fee of €20.00 will be charged.
4. The return of the vehicle before the end of the contracted period does not determine the return of any amount previously paid any amount paid for the initially determined rental period.
ARTICLE 6 - SECURITY
1. It is mandatory, at the time of rental, the payment of a deposit by the Customer in the amount of 10% of the value of the bicycle according to the table presented in article 13.
2. The value of the deposit will not be refunded if the vehicle or the other accessories available present partial and/or total damages resulting from its incorrect use, regardless of fault, but only in the case of refusal to pay the damaged parts in accordance with the budget presented by the mechanic of our company.
ARTICLE 7 - OBLIGATIONS OF AFA TOURISM:
a) Deliver the vehicle object of this contract to the Customer, accompanied by the documents and equipment referred to in the conditions,
b) Ensure the use of the vehicle for the purposes for which it is intended,
c) Provide support in case of breakdown or accident, performing all necessary acts to assist the customer.
ARTICLE 8 - CLIENT OBLIGATIONS:
a) Make normal and prudent use of the vehicle, complying with the rules of driving on public roads.
b) Refrain from using the vehicle in such a way as to jeopardize its operation and safety.
d) Provide security.
e) Not to sublet the vehicle.
f) Not to lend, assign, transfer, adapt or modify the vehicle.
g) Not to transport third parties.
h) Refrain from using the vehicle in any type of sporting event.
i) Allow the vehicle to be examined by AFA Cycles even during the lease term.
j) Observe, in the event of a claim, the rules and procedures provided for in article 12.
k) Immediately notify AFA Tourism by telephone of the detection of any defect or anomaly regarding the use of the vehicle.
l) Immediately notify AFA Tourism by telephone in case of theft or damage caused by third parties.
m) Pay fines, taxes and similar expenses related to the use or detention of the vehicle during the contracted rental period.
n) Return the vehicle, at the end of the rental period, with the equipment and documents referred to in the conditions and with the extras that have been added to it, in the state resulting from its normal use.
o) Pay the amount associated with damages according to the budget made by our mechanics.
ARTICLE 9 - RISK AND INSURANCE
1. Without prejudice to the provisions of general law, the risks of loss or deterioration of the vehicle are covered by the Customer.
2. The Customer undertakes to subscribe, with the signature of the vehicle rental agreement and during the rental period, the insurance policies for the benefit of AFA Cycles, covering the following risks.
a) Damage to third parties: property and non-property damage caused to third parties resulting from faulty driving.
3. The Customer undertakes to pay the Insurer; via AFA Cycles, the price from the insurance contract.
4. The Customer undertakes to pay the Insurer, via AFA Cycles, arising from the insurance contract.
5. The policy expressly stipulates that in case of a damage, compensation must be paid directly by the insurance company to AFA Cycles.
6. If AFA Tourism is called upon to indemnify third parties for damages related to the use of the vehicle not covered by the respective policy, it may exercise against the Customer the right of return for the amounts spent.
7. The Customer may choose to subscribe, when signing the contract, to Personal Accident Insurance to prevent situations in which their own physical integrity is affected.
The Coverages and deductibles of this insurance are as shown in the following table:
|PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE ( Extra-Professional Risks )
|Death or Permanent Disability||20.000,00 €|
|* Treatment or Repatriation Expenses||3.500,00 €|
|** Civil Liability Exploration||50.000,00 €|
* Deductible of €50 on treatment expenses
** 10% Deductible (Property Damage) Minimum: €125, Maximum: €500
ARTICLE 10 - RETURN
1. At the end of the bicycle rental period, it is mandatory to return it to the same location where the contract was signed, unless otherwise stipulated and within the period of operation indicated in article 3.
2. Failure to comply with the provisions of the previous number implies the application of a penalty in the amount of €100.00 per day of delay, amounts to be deducted from the deposit provided.
3. Delivery of the vehicle at another AFA Cycles service point different from the collection point must be expressly agreed between the parties.
ARTICLE 11 - LIABILITY FOR THEFT AND DAMAGES CAUSED BY ACCIDENT
1. The customer is responsible for theft and damage to the vehicle and its accessories made available during the rental period.
2. In case of theft of the vehicle, the Customer must immediately report this fact to AFA Tourism, at any service point or by telephone, and must submit the respective complaint to the competent authorities (PSP or GNR).
3. Failure to return the vehicle on the date of termination of the contract implies the total loss of the security deposit and the settlement of the missing amount to fully cover the value of the vehicle.
4. The damage caused by accident or inappropriate use of the vehicle, as well as the breakdown or damage of the respective accessories will be the responsibility of the Customer, regardless of the fault in the accident, applying the general conditions contained in the policy on the insurance contracted in the relationship with third parties, possibly involved in the accident.
5. The value of the deposit withheld has the exclusive function of replacing the vehicle or repairing deteriorated parts.
ARTICLE 12 - MALFUNCTIONS
1. If the vehicle being used by the Customer has a breakdown, for reasons not attributable to him, he must immediately report the fact at any of the AFA Tourism service points so that the vehicle can be replaced.
2. In case of impossibility of replacing a vehicle, the total amount referring to the rental period will not be charged, and a vehicle will be made available at another period to be agreed.
3. The Customer must, when returning the equipment, inform AFA Cycles of any defect or breakdown in the vehicle and other available equipment.
ARTICLE 13.º - TABLE OF EQUIPMENT VALUES IN CASE OF DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE CUSTOMER, THEFT OR LOSS.
1. In the event of theft or accident and total loss of the rented vehicle, the Customer must pay the respective amounts according to the purchase price on the date of the event.
2. In case of damage to the rented vehicle, the Customer must pay for the respective damaged parts according to the budget presented by our mechanics. In addition to the value of repairing the vehicle, is added the immobilization value of €30.00 per day, up to a maximum of 3 days.
ARTICLE 14 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. Vehicles to be rented by AFA Tourism are the exclusive property of the First Contracting Party, intended for leisure trips.
2. The Client is free to choose the itinerary of his choice, if he observes the rules contained in this contract.
3. AFA Tourism advises the use of suitable protective accessories, such as helmet, gloves and other accessories that are necessary for safety (goggles, knee, and elbow pads, etc.).
4. AFA Tourism advises the customer to use all the prudence in the use of the vehicle and to follow the traffic rules according to the Portuguese Highway Code.
5. Each vehicle can only transport one person.
ARTICLE 15 - END OF CONTRACT
The contract ends automatically when the bicycle(s) and/or accessory(s) rented by the customer are returned to AFA Cycles or when collected by the latter, and the debts inherent to that same rental agreement if any.
ARTICLE 16. - CASES OF OMISSION AND DISPUTES
Omissions not provided for in this contract will be resolved by the applicable national law and the competent entity will be the common courts and, specifically, the Judicial Court of the District of Braga.
ARTICLE 17 - PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
All personal data collected by AFA Tourism are provided voluntarily and will not be transmitted to third parties, unless authorized by the customer for that purpose, or in cases explicity mentioned in the contract.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - BIKE TOURS AND VACATION
ARTICLE 1 - IDENTIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS
The Contractors of the Terms and Conditions of this contract are AFA CYCLES, LDA - legal person nº 514 751 053, represented by being an accredited employee, with registered office at Street Fernando Mesquita nº 2628, 4760-034 Vila Nova de Famalicão, Braga, Portugal, represented by its accredited and identified employee (“We”, “Our”) and the Client, as the 2nd Contractor, purchaser of a product or service, identified in this Agreement and designated as “The Client”
This Agreement is between the Company and the Customer (“AFA Cycles” and the “Mr./Customer”, under these conditions), which applies to any client who intends to travel on a trip or vacation package operated by AFA Tourism, including any added or replaced after booking.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by Portuguese Law.
All disputes arising from the interpretation or execution of these Terms and Conditions will be settled by the District Court of Braga, with express waiver of any other.
Apart from João Araújo and/or Carolina Araújo, no collaborator has the authority to change any of the terms set forth in this Agreement. No discount or return guarantee will be considered unless confirmed in writing by AFA Cycles.
ARTICLE 2 - BOOKING AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS
Any reservation will only be guaranteed upon payment of a minimum deposit in the amount corresponding to 50% of the total activity or package (or full payment if the reservation is made less than 5 days before the start of the activity or package). However, a higher deposit amount may be charged if it involves other suppliers that require additional payments at the time of booking. The deposit amount to be applied will be informed when making the reservation. All Customers, including any subsequently added or replaced), whether the reservation is made in person, via telephone, through the official website, by email or similar, or by any other means, you are required to agree with the following conditions:
o Customer(s) have read and accepted the Booking Conditions and General Information described on our pages, leaflets, brochures and on the official AFA Tourism website
o The Client(s) are aware of and accept the risks inherent to Adventure Tourism
o The Client(s) declare that they do not suffer from any impediment or pre-existing illness that prevents them from actively participating in the trip. AFA Tourism will be consulted in advance before making any reservation if there are restrictions to assess special needs and requirements.
The Person responsible for the booking confirms that he/she is of legal age and has full authority to enter a contract based on the conditions described in this document and on behalf of any other persons identified in the booking, while also confirming that such persons are duly informed and alerted and accept these conditions.
With the exception of “Self-Guided” Trips (see below), a reservation will be accepted and is considered final only after the date on which the respective Invoice/Receipt is issued by AFA Tourism or the authorized Intermediary. It will be at this moment that the Contract between both parties is established. In the case of reservations made online, any acknowledgment contact (or proposal submission) regarding a reservation request will not be considered a reservation confirmation. AFA Tourism reserves the right to increase or reduce the prices of any activity reservation or vacation package if it has not yet been confirmed.
Any change to a reservation must be requested via email to the official AFA Tourism contacts
On Self-Guided trips we may not be able to confirm the costs of all services that are part of your Self-Guided trip at the time of booking until they are confirmed. In the case of any unconfirmed costs, a cost estimate will be provided based on anticipated rates and costs. If the Customer wishes to proceed with the booking and we are able to accept it, the necessary deposit will be charged based on the stipulated amount. After confirming all associated costs, a confirmation will be issued with the real value of the services. The values may be higher or lower than those previously stipulated. It will be at this moment that the reservation and final value will be defined and guaranteed. However, if the final amount announced after confirmation exceeds the amount previously stipulated by more than 10%, the customer reserves the right to cancel his reservation, in writing and within a period of up to 7 days, in which case he will be refunded in 100 % of the amount already paid.
o Individual Programs
• Programs with a cost/person equal to or greater than €400: deposit of €250 at the time of reservation; remaining amount up to 45 days before the start of the activity.
Any activity lasting more than 1 (one) day will be charged a deposit of 50% of the total amount at the time of booking; remaining amount will be charged up to 45 days before the start of the activity.
For any activity lasting less than 1 (one) day, a deposit of 100% of the total amount will be charged at the time of booking.
Payments can be made via bank transfer or upon delivery.
• Programs for companies
o A 50% deposit will be charged at the time of booking. The remaining 50% plus any adjustments requested must be paid up to one week before the start of the activity.
o Services Included and Not Included:
The services included in the price are always mentioned in the INCLUDED item of the program description on the website or, in the case of personalized proposals, in the same item of the proposed program.
Everything that is not included in the program and is not mentioned in that section IS NOT included. AFA Cycles reserves the right to include the item “NOT INCLUDED”, in cases where it considers it especially relevant to draw the Customer's attention to the services not included.
o Accepted Payment Methods
Directly at the AFA Cycles store in cash or debit/credit card.
Payments via bank transfer (including MB WAY) must be made to the AFA Cycles bank account whose account details appear on the account.
Checks or other forms of payment are not accepted.
ARTICLE 3 - CHANGES IN RESERVATIONS
• The dates of confirmed reservations can be changed, at no extra cost, up to 45 days before the start date. After this date, any change will be considered a cancellation and subject to the cancellation fees described in this agreement.
o Any changes are dependent on availability.
o After making a reservation change request, the Customer may request a Voucher in the amount paid for the reservation, not includiing any non-refundable costs associated with or imposed by our suppliers or partners. This voucher will be valid for 12 months for a new reservation made on the AFA Tourism platform. No refunds or issuance of new vouchers can be requested on this new reservation. No refunds will be made if the cost of the new booking is less than the value of the voucher. In this case, the Customer may use the rest to rent AFA Tourism equipment.
o If, for any reason and circumstances that we consider reasonable, the customer is unable to make the trip, the reservation or their place in the reservation may be transferred to another eligible person (informed by the customer who made the reservation) up to 5 days before the start of the trip. Any costs associated with this transfer, whether imposed by AFA Cycles or by associated suppliers, will have to be paid before the start of the trip.
ARTICLE 4 - CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
• On the initiative of AFA Tourism:
AFA Tourism reserves the right to cancel a program or activity under the following circumstances:
o Force majeure: war or imminence of war, terrorism, strikes, fire, natural disasters, and other similar situations not attributable to AFA Cycles. In these situations, the Customer is entitled to a refund of payments already made. If the circumstances permit, AFA Tourism will offer the customer an alternative program, as similar as possible to the one cancelled.
o Extreme weather conditions that compromise the safety of the activity. In this case, there is no right to a refund, and AFA Tourism undertakes to offer a program as closely as possible to the one cancelled.
Programs with a minimum number of participants – when the number of participants defined as the minimum number for the program is not reached. In these cases, registered participants can select one of the following options:
New price for reduced group.
Alternative program for the amount already paid.
Refund of the amount paid.
AFA Tourism reserves the right to change the program or the previously defined routes/paths whenever it deems necessary for reasons such as: work on the roads or paths; paths that are inaccessible for reasons beyond the control of AFA Tourism; for health reasons; for security reasons, etc. In these cases, no refunds will be considered.
In the unlikely event that AFA Tourism is forced to cancel a program, for any other reason not mentioned in the previous points, it will refund 100% of the amount paid.
o At the Customer's initiative:
AFA Tourism explicitly recommends acquiring a travel cancellation insurance.
If for any reason the Customer needs to cancel the trip, tour, or activity, he/she must immediately contact AFA Tourism via email. The AFA Tourism cancellation and refund policy for all bookings is as follows:
For cancellations up to 7 days before the start of the Tour, AFA Tourism refunds the deposit paid by the Customer minus €50.00 for costs associated with the administrative process of the reservation.
For cancellations between 6 and 4 days before the start of the Tour, the Customer may choose one of the following options:
Refund of 30% of the total amount due.
Reschedule the Tour for a later date, subject to AFA Cycles availability.
Choose another available Tour.
For cancellations 2 days before the start of the Tour, no refunds will be considered.
After the start of the Tour, there will be no refunds. There will be no exceptions, including weather or other factors beyond the scope of AFA Tourism.
Cancellation conditions can be negotiated before the reservation is made and never after the reservation is confirmed.
• Under the terms of Decree-Law No. 24/2014, of 14 February, applicable to contracts concluded at a distance, the Customer has the right to freely terminate a contract, without indicating a reason, within 14 calendar days from the date of the date of celebration of the same or the date of payment of a tour purchased, provided that the provisions of the previous points of point 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.3.3 are complied with.
o CONSUMER INFORMATION
Under the provisions of article 18 of Law no. 144/2015, in the event of a dispute, the consumer may resort to an Alternative Dispute Resolution Entity:
CNIACC – Center for Information, Mediation and Arbitration of Consumer Disputes De Braga
Address: R. Dom Afonso Henriques Nº1, 4700-030 Braga
Tel. 253 619 107
ARTICLE 5 - RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The level of difficulty of Tours AFA Tourism is set in each program proposal.
Reserving a tour implies, by the Customer:
o the Commitment to warn AFA Tourism about any health problems and / or physical condition that may be affected by the activity or affect their normal development.
o the recognition and acceptance that there are risks associated with any outdoor activity involving physical activity and / or takes place in isolated places, such as walking, cycling, canoe, jeep, take part in games, competitions, obstacle circuits, etc.
o the statement that the Customer has the physical capacity to perform the program have chosen.
• Guarantees: Mandatory Insurance and Responsibilities
o the whole activity of AFA Tourism is covered by Public Liability Insurance and Personal Accident with the covers and amounts required by law:
o the Personal Accident Insurance - Policy No.:
o the personal accident insurance is nominal: participants in AFA Tourism programs should provide, before the start of the program, their full name, number of citizen card and Date of Birth.
The following are the contractors per claim / person:
• Treatment expenses: up to 3,500 €. From this amount, payment is up to the victim.
• Death or permanent disability: 20,000 €
Insurance Liability - Policy No.:
O Liability Insurance covers property and personal injury to third parties and customers, resulting from the completion of the company's activities and whose responsibility attributable to the Customer.
The following are contractors per claim:
• € 3,500 / claim / year, in the exercise of a tourism company activity.
• 50,000 € / claim / year, in the exercise of a tour operator activity.
the AFA Tourism is not responsible for any damage or accident during their programs that are not covered by their civil liability insurance and the personal accident insurance made on behalf of the participants.
the travel insurance is not included.
the Travelers originating in foreign countries should acquire a travel insurance that covers lost luggage, repatriation in case of illness, cancellation of the trip, etc.
All the AFA Tourism programs are framed by qualified technicians for its monitoring. All activities of AFA Tourism are the subject of a security plan arising from the risk assessment of each activity.
• Emergency Means Available
The Portugal has a national emergency system that can be triggered at any location of the country, through the 112 number is free of charge.
the Human resources: part of AFA Tourism staff is certified for first aid provisions.
the Material Resources: AFA Tourism has, in all its programs, first aid kits, and transport that can be used by their employers to call help (mobile phones, motor vehicle, bicycle).
• Tour Participation and CLIENT's Responsibility
o The Customer undertakes to accept the authority and decisions taken by the identified AFA Tourism staff, as well as any agents involved in the activities provided. If they, as well as other agents in a position of authority (such as the Director of a hotel unit), consider that the Customer does not have the proper health conditions, physical condition or has an incorrect conduct that could jeopardize his or her integrity or that of others, the Client may in this case be prevented from participating in the Tour and will in this case be excluded from the trip without any right to reimbursement, at his own risk.
o Once excluded from a Tour, AFA Tourism will not be held responsible for any liability (as well as any return travel costs involved), or any expenses or costs derived from their exclusion from a Tour.
o in case of illness, AFA Tourism will look for feasible solutions to enable their return as well as the refund, when possible, of the amount paid for unused services. If the Client commits an illegal act (including, for example, damage cause) they may be excluded from the Tour and AFA Tourism will not be held responsible for the Client, as mentioned above. In this case, there will be no right to a refund for unused services. When the Customer books a Tour through AFA Tourism, the Customer agrees to be responsible for any damage or loss caused by them or any person included in their reservation / group. In this case, full payment for any damage or loss caused (estimated price when it is not possible to specify) must be paid directly to its responsible or owner as soon as possible.
The Customer will also be responsible for dealing with any accusations subsequently made against AFA Tourism and all costs caused by it (including the party's own and other legal costs) because of its actions.
o It is the customer's decision and responsibility to have appropriate travel insurance to protect the Customer in the event of the above-described situations.
o If the Client suffers from any medical condition or physical disability that may affect his active participation in the Tour as well as the participation of third parties, or if there are special or specific requirements due to any medical condition or physical limitation (including those that may affect the booking process), AFA Tourism must be contacted before confirming the booking so that we can provide information on the possibility of carrying out the Tour and guarantee any services associated with special needs. In either case, the customer must provide AFA Tourism with all the details at the time of booking or whenever there are changes in the health and physical conditions of the participants after the booking is confirmed.
ARTICLE 5 - CHANGES TO PROGRAM OR ITINERARIES
• AFA Tourism reserves the right to make any changes it deems necessary. AFA Tourism will do everything to ensure that any necessary changes do not alter the nature of the Tour as well as its structure, duration, and quality.
• Routes and Itineraries
o AFA Tourism does not guarantee the condition and accessibility of routes and routes as they take place on public roads and paths and therefore are subject to road work, detours, landslides, erosion, etc.
ARTICLE 6 - SUPPORT VEHICLE – GUIDED OR ASSISTED TOURS
• The support vehicle may or may not be included, depending on the Tour booked, and may or may not be constantly accompanying the group. It will often be at a reasonable distance from the group and 60 minutes at most if necessary. The support vehicle also performs other services such as transporting luggage, preparing supplies, quick meals, and necessary shopping.
ARTICLE 7 - PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGE
• AFA Tourism reserves the right to collect photo and video images during its Tours and activities developed by it for marketing purposes and solely for promotional purposes. No image will be used where a person represents an area greater than 50% of the total area of the photograph or video image.
ARTICLE 8 - CONSULTATIONS AND COMPLAINTS
• AFA Tourism responds, by email or telephone, to any question about its programs within a maximum period of 48 hours. Absence of response may mean that the request did not reach the destination and must be resent.
• In the event of a problem during a program, the Customer must immediately contact one of their guides or, in the case of self-guided tours, the AFA Tourism service telephone number given to them. The goal is to solve the problem immediately.
• If the Customer wishes to file a complaint, they must do so in writing within a maximum period of 30 days after the end of the program.
• As required by the current law, we have a Complaints Book. We also have a Book of Compliments.
ARTICLE 9 - PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
• All personal data collected by AFA Tourism is provided voluntarily and will not be transmitted to third parties, unless authorized by the customer for this purpose, or in cases expressly mentioned in the contract, under the terms of point A. TERMS AND CONDITIONS - SALE ONLINE,
ARTICLE 10 - DATA PROTECTION
AFA CYCLES LDA wants you to feel familiar with how your data is collected, used and communicated to third parties, as your privacy and its protection are crucial to maintaining a relationship of trust.
This Policy describes the type of personal data collected, how it is used and with whom it is shared. It also describes AFA CYCLES LDA's common practices for handling Other Information (e.g., interests, demographics and use of services) collected through monitoring and analytics tools. We also describe the steps we take to protect information, your choices and access options, and how you can contact us about privacy practices.
All your personal information collected will be used to help make your visit to our website as productive and enjoyable as possible. The guarantee of the confidentiality of the personal data of the users of our website is important for AFA CYCLES LDA.
2 - DEFINITIONS
2.1. “Personal Information” is data relating to an identified or identifiable individual, such as:
Telephone number (including landline and mobile phone numbers).
Emergency contact telephone number (including landline and mobile phone numbers).
Nickname on social networks (e.g., username on Facebook).
Location information, if that information is linked to an identifiable individual.
Browsing habits, consumption, preferences, tastes and interests.
An identifiable individual is an individual who can be identified, directly or indirectly, with specific reference to an identification number or one or more specific factors about his physical, psychological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
2.2. “Specially Protected Data” is personal information considered to be especially sensitive, such as:
Racial or ethnic origin.
Ideology or political opinions.
Religion or other beliefs.
Health or illness.
Belonging to a union.
We ask that you do not provide or reveal particularly protected data through our Website, our Social Networks, or in any other way. But if you communicate any data of this nature to us, you are consenting and authorizing, under your full responsibility, that we store and process it in our files for the purposes expressed in this policy or in those that you indicate to us when communicating this same data.
2.3. “Other Information” is, for example:
Browser and device information.
Information collected through cookies, pixel tags or other technologies, provided that the user's subsequent identification is excluded.
Demographic information, glocalization.
2.4. Other people's personal information:
3 - INFORMATION WE COLLECT
AFA CYCLES LDA is committed to only processing personal data strictly necessary to improve your experience using our website.
3.1. Personal data
3.1.1 Personal Data submitted by the user:
We collect Personal Data when it is submitted directly on our website, such as when a job application is registered on the page we have dedicated for this purpose, or when you submit a generic contact form. The personal data sent may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, country of residence, city/place, Nationality, Qualifications, Professional Experience, Current Professional Status. Level of competence according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, Teaching Institutions Attended, Courses Attended, date of completion of the same and the assessment obtained.
3.2. Other information
Other information is any information that is not intended to reveal your specific identity to us, such as browser information, usage data, information collected through cookies and other technologies, demographic information, geo-location data obtained with your consent, if required by applicable law.
3.3 Information collected automatically
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA, OTHER INFORMATION AND AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION.
AFA CYCLES LDA guarantees that your personal data is processed only for the purposes communicated to it, not being used for any other purpose. Thus, we process your personal data to guarantee the quality of the service we provide you and to be able to better respond to your needs.
4.1. Measure and improve our products and services
All your personal information collected will be used to help make your visit to our website as productive and enjoyable as possible, including processing a job application; process a contact request; measure interactions with specific pages of the website; provide customer support; improve the interface of our website, so that its navigation is intuitive and satisfying.
4.2. Improve website content
To make your experience more interesting and personalized, we may use any of the Personal Data and Other Information collected so that the content of the website reflects the preference of its users, for example, through our blog, presenting posts with relevant content to visitors, considering browsing habits on the website.
4.3. To get in touch with you
On our website, you can interact with us in diverse ways, by email, contact form or application. We may also use your information (including a telephone number and email address that you have provided for this purpose) to contact you, to respond to your comments, inquiries or requests.
4.4. To ensure your rights and those of AFA CYCLES LDA
Under the data protection legislation in force in the European Union (the General Data Protection Regulation) the use of personal data must be justified under at least one legal basis for the processing of personal data. You can consult the explanation of the scope of each of these grounds. *
The legal basis applicable to the collection and use of your personal data for customer service and marketing purposes is your consent.
*LEGAL GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
When you have given consent to the processing of your personal data (for these purposes you will be presented with a consent form for the use of your data, which consent may be later withdrawn).
When the processing is necessary to conclude a contract with you or conduct its execution.
When the treatment is necessary to comply with the legal obligations to which AFA CYCLES LDA is subject to.
When the processing is necessary to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for its use prevail over your data protection rights.
When processing is necessary for us to assert, exercise or defend a right in legal proceedings against you, us or a third party.
5. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE
We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to help protect and maintain the security, integrity and availability of your personal data.
Although the transmission of data through the internet or website cannot guarantee total security against intrusions, we and our service providers and business partners make the best efforts to implement and maintain physical, electronic and procedural security measures aimed at protecting your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection requirements. Among others, we have implemented the following:
Restricted personal access to your personal data based on the "need to know" criterion and only within the scope of the communicated purposes.
Transfer of collected data only in encrypted form.
Storage of highly confidential data (such as credit card information) only in encrypted form.
Protection of information technology systems through firewalls, to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data.
Permanent monitoring of access to information technology systems to prevent, detect and prevent the misuse of your personal data.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep your data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Once the maximum retention period has been reached, your personal data will be irreversibly anonymized (and the anonymized data may be kept) or will be securely destroyed.
7. HOW CAN YOU CHANGE OR WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
You can, at any time, change or withdraw your consent, with effect for the future.
The consent given to AFA CYCLES LDA can be withdrawn by contacting the telephone number (+351) 963293471 or by email email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal data, you should first contact us.
Subject to certain conditions, you may have the right to ask us to:
- Provide you with additional information about the use we make of your personal data.
- Provide you with a copy of the personal data you have provided to us.
- Provide you with the personal data you have provided to another controller at your request.
- Update any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold.
- Delete personal data whose use is no longer legitimate.
- Limit the way we use your personal data until your complaint is investigated.
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exceptions aimed at safeguarding the public interest (prevention or detection of crimes) or our interest (maintenance of professional secrecy).
8. DATA STORAGE DEADLINES
Personal data will only be kept for the period necessary for the purposes that led to their collection or subsequent processing, and compliance with all applicable legal rules in terms of archiving is guaranteed.